Enjoy Kelly Springs with the Everyday Hero Project & Women's March Florida Chapter- Pinellas
Weekend Mission: To provide an opportunity for residents to strengthen relationships and participate in various planetary, community, and individual wellness workshops.
We have a full weekend of activities planned to assist us worldchangers in recharging and replenishing our energy, as well as making deeper connections and meaningful memories with our community members. You will have the option to participate in the Everyday Hero itinerary which is designed to address all aspects of your being: mind, body, and spirit.
This weekend will include:
[Workshop details will be posted as they develop]
*Group Tubing: 3/4 of a mile - bring your own intertube so you don't have to rent! Rentals available
*Community Meal Making
*Finding Balance in Activation: A Mindful Community Yoga Workshop
*Releasing and Replenishing: A Ho'Oponopono Workshop with Kahu Kainoa (Catalina Farrington)
*Let's Talk: a communication workshop with Women's March Pinellas
*Fairy garden/house making for children (discovering their connection to the planet and their relationship to it as creators)
*Earth art for children & painting plant pots
We are proud to announce that workshop facilitators are paid in time credits through the Everyday Hero Exchange Time Bank in order to contribute to our fundraising efforts.
Our goal is also to make this a Zero Waste - Carbon Neutral - Leave No Trace Event
Because of our shared environmental mission, we invite you to join us in making this a low impact event to protect Mother Earth.
Reduce the Amount of Single-Use Materials:
- Bring reusable plates, bowls, cups, mugs, silverware and reusable water bottles for each camper.
- Choose fresh produce and bulk nuts and snacks over processed foods that come in non-recyclable bags and films. Bring reused bags to the store when you shop for veggies, fruits and snacks from the bulk bins.
Zero Waste Services Provided:
- Zero Waste stations provided at camp to collect Compost, Recycling, and Landfill materials.
- Water Conserving Dish Washing/Sanitizing Station to clean your reusable dishes.
- Hydration Station: Our campsite has potable city water, we encourage you to bring reusable water bottles and refill at the site (versus single use plastic bottles.) We also encourage campers to bring their water filter pitchers (labeled with their name) to leave at our water station for those that prefer filtered water.
We Encourage Carpooling
- If you are interested in ride sharing, please post on the event page how many people you can take, or how many seats are needed, when you’re leaving and returning, and from/to which city (take into account extra space in cars needed for camp supplies)
We Are a Carbon Neutral Event
- We will be purchasing Carbon Offset Credits from www.terrapass.com to offset the total vehicle miles driven, meals prepared, and plastic bottles used. We will take a survey and calculate the credits after the event.
Thank you in advance for helping us help the Planet!
Suggested donation: $10-$50 /pp. a night & children are free but donations for them are greatly appreciated (there's a few materials we want to buy for their workshops). Space is limited to 25 adults. To reserve your spot, contact Everyday Hero Project and drop off your donation at the downtown office. We can reserve another group campsite if our total party exceeds 45 adults.
We realize that not everyone is in the same financial situation, so we would like to ensure that the suggested donation is not a deterrent for attendance, as this is a very important weekend for self care and community relationships.
This gorgeous event will be helping to fund "Jammin' for the Planet 2, a collaborative effort of The Everyday Hero Project, Greeenpeace, Tri Force Heroes, and Women's March Pinellas. This will be a family event with art, music, fitness, and interactive stations in Williams Park will be a free event in November you won't want to miss!