Start a new local group
One of the best ways to help support Greenpeace is to get involved with a local group. There are over 60 groups across the country, all campaigning locally on national and global issues, to help make the world a greener, cleaner and more peaceful place. You can find our local groups here or contact a Greenwire coach if you need some guidance.
If you're keen to get involved with a local group, but there isn't one in your area, you can always start one yourself. It does take some work but we'll be here to support you. Take a look at our step by step guide and then getactive [dot] uk [at] greenpeace [dot] org (subject: New%20local%20group%20query" style: "line-height: 1.5em, ) (contact us) to let us know if this is something you're interested in doing. Please note, before becoming an official Greenpeace local group, with access to campaign materials, budget, public liability insurance and staff support, you need to have an induction meeting with a staff member, so please contact us before setting up a new group.
Other ways to volunteer
If joining or starting a local group is not your cup of tea, here are some other ways you can get involved:
- Organise a community fundraising event. Whether you want to run a marathon or organise a cake sale, we appreciate every effort and every penny raised. Your imagination is your only limit and you can find more information here.
- Join our political lobbying network. Apply to do our one day training workshop to find out all you need to know to lobby your MP about important issues. We're in planning and evaluation mode at the moment, but there will be more training dates coming soon. Fill out this form to register your interest and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Get active as an individual. There are a host of different things you can do on this page.
- Apply to take part in nonviolent direct actions. If you're willing to risk arrest to help save the planet, then fill out the application form and we'll be in touch about the next training dates.
- Campaign online. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and sign up for our emails to sign petitions and stay up to date with all our campaign developments and opportunities.
- Join a discussion, interest, skills or campaign group on Greenwire. There are lots that already exist, so have a look through. And if there's none that meet your needs, start one of your own. As long as your issue/topic is broadly related to issues Greenpeace campaigns on (i.e. environment and peace), then go for it.
If you have any questions or need some help, please do contact one of our knowledgeable Greenwire coaches, or greenwire [dot] uk [at] greenpeace [dot] org (drop us an email).
At the moment, if you're under 18, you can't get involved with a local group unless a parent or guardian accompanies you. But you can still organise fundraising events with your friends or class mates, you can campaign online and you can join an online discussion, interest or campaign group on Greenwire. You can also invite a Greenspeaker to give a talk at your school or college.
We're hoping to offer more opportunities for under 18s in the future, so watch this space!