Greenpeace Nordic is looking for a Junior System Administrator in IT Operations Unit to manage the organizational server infrastructure and take ownership of key projects related to it.
The role is a full time, temporary position for which a 2 years contract is initially offered and the candidate must be based in Stockholm, Sweden.
If you want to make a meaningful change in the world, Greenpeace is the place where your talents and creativity can contribute to a successful campaigning organisation and you can participate in creating change. If you have the right profile, a passion for working with web development and want to work for a just cause, we want to hear from you!
Main responsibility and tasks:
The Junior System Administrator is primarily responsible for the proactive maintenance, development, monitoring, troubleshooting, security and deployment of our cloud based and physical server architecture, as well as our key in-house systems for Fundraising, Business Intelligence, Finance and HR. The role will work closely with Junior Network Administrator and the Operations & Support team to plan and provide trainings to end users and colleagues for security, systems and services as directed by the IT Operations Manager.
- Manage and develop the physical and cloud infrastructure through evaluation and tuning of current performance, utilization, availability and latency.
- Improve infrastructure security and protect data integrity by working actively with Junior Network Administrator, performing log analysis, security audits and defining security policies and procedures. Proactively address virus, malware and intrusion scenarios.
- Manage infrastructure, hardware and cloud services vendors and partners
- Manage IT Operations projects as assigned by IT Operations Manager
- Ensure infrastructure documentation is correctly maintained and archived
- Ensure users of IT services receive appropriate training
- Ensure supported IT assets are handled according to organizational standards and policies
- Participate in and contribute to the yearly planning process
- Participate in support for end-users when needed and provide troubleshooting for escalated issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or equivalent job experience
- Hands-on experience of Linux administration, orchestration, security and web server components
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- High understanding of scalable server design
- Understanding of enterprise level service continuity and Disaster Recovery planning
- Desire and willingness to learn new technologies as dictated by the organization’s management and the needs of the organization’s business model
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience of Windows Server administration and security, including DHCP and DNS, Active Directory and Group policies
- Experience in vSphere Administration and VMware virtualization environments
- DevOps or web development experience
- Proficiency in a Nordic language is a plus
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting your CV accompanied by a cover letter - both in PDF format and in English by this form - no later than the 14th of February, 2019. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
For questions regarding the recruitment process, contact the IT Operations Manager, Janne Louhikari at Greenpeace Nordic via email@example.com.