Atlantic Province Politics - NB, NS, PEI, NL
Out East we've got some of the most beautiful natural environments in Canada, but also a bunch of problems...
- The Irvings of NB with their crazy control of the Provincial government, unsustainable forestry operations, and cancer-causing oil refineries in St John
- Offshore oil and gas leases, and the threat of increased tanker traffic off NS.
- Over-use of pesticides and industrial fertilisers across the 'little green island' of PEI.
- Really weird renewable energy laws that make it difficult for solar and wind companies to get off the ground.
- Nuclear power at Point Lepreau.
- Fracking. Ugh.
If you are interested in working on these things (and more!), let's get in touch. Let's share what campaigning initiatives already exist, and figure out how we can form a small group of dedicated and active citizens, and ultimately make a difference.