Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
As part of the organization support team your main tasks will be to:
- Observe and understand the ways of working at Greenpeace Belgium, and anticipate our future technological needs.
- Be an effective member of project teams, offer them technological ideas, make suggestions and ensure technical support.
- Provide technical guidance and support to our staff and our teams, regarding IT, telecommunications, mobile applications, video-audio, database…
- Work in close co-operation with the ICT manager.
- Study, prepare and develop proposals of new or upgraded hard- or software infrastructure.
- Implement and install hard- and software, security tools. Train or organize trainings about the implemented technologies. Write manuals or handbooks if needed.
- Fine-tune hardware and/or software prototypes.
- Permanently update your knowledge by internet research, specialized magazines, training, skill-shares.
- You have at least three years of experience in a similar function.
- You have an extensive experience with IT network management, IT security, hardware (servers computers, mobile devices, electromechanics, optoelectronics, …).
- You have experience with software applications in the broadest sense and with the most commonly used software languages (api’s, C, Java, php, sql …).
- You have the ability to manipulate all kinds of equipment (dismantle, repair, modify, cable, …).
- You are used to work under pressure and know how to cope with the irritability of users of applications.
- You are a team player, who likes to build relationships with providers, consultants, and with internal ‘customers’.
- You are eager to learn and to teach.
- You are interested in environmental issues.
- You are able to professionally interact with colleagues and providers in Dutch, French and English.
- A full-time permanent contract.
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment.
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
We invite you to consult the detailed job description.
Interested in this job offer? Send your application letter and cv in English, Dutch or French by e-mail to raf [dot] drijvers [at] greenpeace [dot] org , with as subject 'Selection Technical Officer'. You need to apply before the 10th of October 2017.